Tuesday 31 May 2011

The Hanging Wood



A quick post to say that the cover artwork for the UK edition of The Hanging Wood has just been finalised. Here it is, in the new series style.

I was very encouraged the other day to receive an email from a leading American reviewer telling me how much he'd enjoyed the book. This reaction helps to put a writer in good heart as one awaits the domestic reaction. Always a slightly nervous time!

Having said that, I guess that - within reason! - any reaction is better than none. Too many good books are widely overlooked, which is one of the reasons why I like to cover other modern writers in this blog as well as Golden Age favourites, films and telly.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Martin - A terrific cover! I wish you much success with the book.

Maxine Clarke said...

I'm looking forward to reading this one, Martin - unfortunately not yet available via Amazon though I know some netgalley versions have been available for a while I am not a member of that.

aguja said...

This is a really good cover. Martin.

karabekirus said...

Your reactions to readings are our blessing, Martin. My TBR list rests solely on critiques of books from authors like you. Sometimes I wonder how such advice is dispensed free of charge, unlike the lawyers'.

Pauline Rowson said...

Congrats on the comment on your novel from the US. That is fantastic. The cover looks great. I've had a stunning review from the US for Footsteps on the Shore. It really does lift one's spirits, but then you start worrying that the next review won't be so good. Still that's the life of an author and I'll be blogging about that later this week!

Paul Beech said...

Great cover, Martin. This bold yet mysterious New Series style will attract more readers, I’m sure – readers who’ll stick with you. Good reviews will help too, and there’ll be plenty more of them, I’ll bet. Your Lake District series is top notch. I’m looking forward to Hannah and Daniel’s fifth outing in ‘The Hanging Wood’ and hope their sixth is on the stocks.

I had a stroke of luck today. I managed to acquire a good hardback copy of ‘Take My Breath Away’ for 25p at Northwich Library book sale! It’ll be my youngest daughter’s wedding on Friday (at Higher Disley, overlooking the Peaks), and once all the excitement is over I shall enjoy settling down with your psychological thriller.

Good luck with ‘The Hanging Wood’. See you at Lymm Festival.

Paul

Martin Edwards said...

Thanks very much for these generous comments.
Maxine, so sorry not to see you at Crimefest. Will you be at Harrogate? Or St Hilda's?
Pauline, congrats on the review.
Paul - 25p? Bargain! See you at the Festival.

Maxine Clarke said...

No immediate plans for festivals, Martin, but I hope to be up and about before too long.